Award winning Arts Educator, Acting Instructor, Produced Playwright and Performer. Over 15 years experience teaching adults (both professional and non-professional), university-level and grades K-12 acting, musical theatre, improvisation and playwriting. Highly skilled as a staff developer in educational theatre instructing educators with creative tools that integrate theatre arts across the curriculum. Stage director of play productions and produced playwright and performer of the Off-Broadway critically-acclaimed one-man play Blood Type: RAGU presently touring the country.
SUNY PURCHASE COLLEGE, Purchase, NY (2002 – Present)
- Acting & Musical Theatre Workshop Adjunct for adult continuing education program. Program & Stage Director for Summer Acting Institute Youth Theatre Program.
MANHATTANVILLE COLLEGE, Purchase, NY (2011-Present) - Musical Theatre Department Adjunct Faculty.
VALHALLA HIGH SCHOOL, Valhalla, NY (2005 – Present), MANHATTAN EAST SCHOOL FOR THE ARTS (MS 224, NYC) (2002 – 2003), RIDGEFIELD ACADEMY, Ridgefield, CT (2004)
- Program Coordinator / Drama Teacher / Stage Director for all above listed schools teaching middle & high school students. Responsible for conceiving & directing mainstage drama & musical productions. Acting Coach preparing students for performing arts high schools & college auditions.
MUSIC CONSERVATORY OF WESTCHESTER, White Plains, NY (2003 – Present)
- Drama & Improvisation Teacher to youth theatre program.
ARTS WESTCHESTER, White Plains, NY (1999 – Present)
- Conducting artist-in-residence programs for school districts throughout the county. Staff Developer for roster artists. Teaching Artist for playwriting residency for students at Woodlands High School for Italian Festival. Artist-in-Residence for all schools in the Greenburgh School District as part of the Artist & Teachers Together Federal Grant. Have built a film library of over 30 movies that infuse playwriting, acting & filmmaking into grade curriculums. The movies are now a teaching tool for future incoming students.
WESTCHESTER BOCES (2000 – Present)
- Workshop Facilitator for the Young Authors’ Conference & Young Authors’ Editing Day, a creative writing & revision workshop for high school students. Drama Teacher at PVC Middle School in Croton-on-Hudson, NY. Teaching Artist for Ardsley Middle School conducting a program revolving around the play 12 Angry Men.
EDITH WINTHROP TEACHER CENTER OF WESTCHESTER (2004 – Present)
- Faculty Member conducting teacher training workshops.
YOUNG AUDIENCES NY / TEACHERS & WRITERS COLLABORATIVE / ARTSGENESIS, INC. / DREAMYARD DRAMA (1999 – Present) - Teaching Artist & Staff Developer for all above listed arts organizations conducting residencies & teacher staff developments around curriculum (elementary, intermediate & high school). Residencies at @ PS 9, 52, 91, 107, 152, 154, 156, 197, 159, IS 231- Queens, IS 43-Brooklyn.
GEORGE STREET PLAYHOUSE, New Brunswick, NJ (2001, 2002, 2003)
- Teaching Artist & Performer for Diva/Gentlemen’s Solo Performance Festival, a community based educational program serving intermediate & high school students from the New Brunswick, NJ school system. Students work with professional theatre artists conducting same-gender workshops in memoir writing promoting creative self-expression for performance. Directed theatre’s mainstage performance of student’s work. Program coincided with writing & performing my own solo production of Blood Type: RAGU, where I portrayed over 30 characters based on my experiences growing up first-generation Italian-American.
KID’S SHORT STORY CONNECTION (2002 – Present)
- Short Story Writing Instructor teaching teens writing, editing & critiquing techniques.
THE GUIDANCE CENTER & WJCS, Westchester, NY (2001 – 2002)
- Workshop Facilitator using theatre arts as a tool to empower adults recovering from mental challenges. Conducted memoir & poetry writing workshops to seniors.
INSIDE BROADWAY (Broadway’s Arts Education Organization) (1997 – 2001)
- Ass’t Development Director & Writer of theatrical programs introducing the Broadway theatrical experience to NYC public school students. Assisted in researching grants. Artist-in-Residence & Staff Developer in NYC schools teaching immigration as an embodying emotional experience. Workshops with at-risk East New York high school youth using theater/improvisation as tool to teach job interview & empowerment skills.
STAR THEATER / Mt. Sinai Hospital's Adolescent Health Center Aids Program (1997)
- Six-month residency as Associate Educational Director using theatre as a tool to teach sexual health issues to adolescents. Directed improvisational acting scenes & organized rehearsal workshops for STAR Theater's interactive theatrical school performances.
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING, WORKSHOPS & AWARDS: SUNY/Empire State College - B.A./THEATER ARTS-IN-EDUCATIONWorkshops: Elder Share of the Arts, Irondale Theatre Ensemble, SPARK Family Arts Forum, Artsgenesis Teachers & Artists Institute. Graduate Certificate - Commercial Theater Institute's Producing Seminar. Two Years Acting Training in Meisner Technique with William Esper. HB Studio Acting: Sandy Dennis. Published in From Medusa to the Sky by Teachers & Writers Collaborative. Recent recipient of Arts Award presented by the Westchester Arts Council for outstanding Performing Artist & Arts Educator for the county. Letter of Recognition for outstanding achievement by Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton. Writer/Performer of critically-acclaimed show Blood Type: RAGU. Member of Actor’s EQUITY, SAG and AFTRA. Computer skills, fluent in Italian, own a car.